Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Farmland Riches is sponsored by AcreTrader.
Solar farms are large-scale outdoor power plants fueled by a natural source: the sun.
The farms use photovoltaic (PVC) panels installed on the ground in a cleared lot selected for the array.
As an investor, you will be part of the movement to find alternative energy sources instead of our country’s continued reliance on fuel mined from the ground that will eventually be depleted.
Sunlight is one of the most powerful alternative energy sources. Both current landowners as well as people looking to buy land are gaining momentum in numbers as they buy, install and produce power on their chosen location.
Unlike the solar panels you’ve likely seen on rooftops of homes, solar farmers can produce enough electricity to power an entire town or even a larger region.
Want to own farmland yourself? Get started with AcreTrader!
Why Invest In A Solar Farm?
Here are some solid benefits of investing in solar energy farms:
- Solar farms support the use of a natural source of energy and reduce the country’s reliance on fossil fuels that will one day be depleted
- Investing in solar farms could be a smart way to diversify your portfolio
- In ideal locations that get plenty of sunshine, farms can generate income 12 months per year
- If you already own land, income could be higher than using it for crops or other purposes
- Over the last decade, there has been explosive growth and interest in the solar industry
Invest In Farmland Today!
|$8,000+||View Investments||Yes||US Farmland, Timberland, Vineyards|
|$15,000+||View Investments||Yes||US Farmland|
|$30,000+||View Investments||No||South American Farmland|
Ways To Invest In Solar Energy Farms
- Just like mortgage lending institutions, there are lots of companies offering loans to build community solar farms. It is crucial that you compare loan fees and interest, as they can vary wildly.
- Shasta Power Solar Development Investments is one option. Its mission is to grow your investment portfolio and also to leave the world a better place. Shasta Power is leading the transformation from coal energy to a sustainable future.
- iShares sustainable ETFs focus on specific themes including environmental causes.
- As an alternative option to invest in solar power, you could put your money into a company that manufactures and maintains solar panels. First Solar, headquartered in Arizona, is a leading materials provider for the global market.