Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Read our full disclaimer here.
South Dakota, with its vast plains and rich history, is a cornerstone of American ranching.
The state's landscapes are dotted with ranches that have been cultivated for generations, playing a pivotal role in the nation's beef industry.
Here, we spotlight some of the most iconic ranches in South Dakota.
1. Blair Brothers Angus Ranch
- Location: Near Vale and Sturgis, South Dakota
- Acreage: Over 40,000 acres
- Overview: The Blair Brothers Angus Ranch stands as the largest cattle ranch in the state. Not only is it a significant player in South Dakota's ranching scene, but it also ranks as the eighth-largest cattle ranch in the U.S.
2. Lindskov Ranches
- Location: South Dakota
- Overview: Founded in 1934 by William James Lindskov, the Lindskov Ranch is one of South Dakota's most diversified family farming and ranching operations. The legacy of sound ranching and stewardship has been passed down through the Lindskov family, making it a significant part of the state's ranching heritage.
Start Investing Today
|$8,000+||View Investments||Yes||US Farmland, Timberland, Vineyards|
|$5,000+||View Investments||Yes||Commercial Real Estate Properties|
|$15,000+||View Investments||Yes||US Farmland|
|$10||View Investments||No||Private Real Estate Deals|
3. Bismarck Trail Ranch
- Acreage: 50,000 acres
- Overview: The Bismarck Trail Ranch, which recently sold for over $37 million, is another sprawling ranch in South Dakota. Its vast acreage and significant contribution to the state's ranching industry make it a noteworthy mention.
South Dakota's ranches are a testament to the state's deep-rooted ranching heritage.
These vast estates, cultivated over generations, play a pivotal role in shaping the state's agricultural landscape and contribute immensely to the American ranching narrative.