Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Read our full disclaimer here.
Quebec, with its rich cultural heritage and diverse landscapes, is home to some of Canada's most significant land holdings.
The province's landscapes are dotted with vast estates owned by influential families, corporations, and organizations.
Here, we spotlight some of the most prominent landowners in Quebec.
1. Lalièvre – Land Development
- Location: Western Quebec, Outaouais, and Upper Laurentians regions
- Acreage: Over 50,000 acres (20,000 hectares)
- Overview: Lalièvre – Land Development is recognized as the largest landowner in western Quebec. The company focuses its activities in the Outaouais and Upper Laurentians regions and in eastern Ontario. They specialize in optimizing the value of their tracts and offer lands for sale across various vocations.
2. Crown Lands
- Overview: The majority of all lands in Canada, including Quebec, are held by governments as public land and are known as Crown lands. About 89% of Canada's land area is Crown land, which may be federal or provincial. While not a single entity, the vastness of Crown lands in Quebec is noteworthy.
Start Investing Today
|$8,000+||View Investments||Yes||US Farmland, Timberland, Vineyards|
|$5,000+||View Investments||Yes||Commercial Real Estate Properties|
|$15,000+||View Investments||Yes||US Farmland|
|$10||View Investments||No||Private Real Estate Deals|
Quebec's vast estates are a testament to the province's rich history and the influential entities that have shaped its landscape.
With their significant holdings, these landowners play a pivotal role in shaping Quebec's landscape and contribute immensely to the province's economic and cultural narrative.